Wondering what to make with shredded zucchini? Try these easy Baked Zucchini Fritters with Ranch Tzatziki. What a great way to eat your veggies! This post is part of a collaboration between Hidden Valley and SheKnows.
I rediscovered the wonder of podcasts the other day. They fell off my radar for some reason, but there was a time when I even fell asleep listening to Lynne Rossetto Kasper’s soothing voice on The Splendid Table. I suppose my return to an iPhone had something to do with it, and I’ve been rediscovering how nice it is to listen away at the gym or while I fill the dishwasher.
I’ve also rediscovered my love for zucchini. With summer just around the corner, I’m noticing the zucchini more and more, and I am remembering how I love its versatility. Zucchini breads and muffins and noodle soups and zucchini noodles, and even pizza – I am ready for all the zucchini!
I grated some zucchini the other day when I had a craving for something crunchy. Baked Zucchini Fritters with Ranch Tzatziki are a wonderful way to eat your veggies, and my love for crispy paired well with my children’s love for dipping. Opting to bake the fritters worked out nicely, without the guilt of frying up an already wholesome snack.
What to Make with Shredded Zucchini?
If you’ve ever shredded too much zucchini, this recipe for Baked Zucchini Fritters is a great recipe to have on hand. With a short list of ingredients (zucchini, egg, cheese, flour, breadcrumbs, and seasonings), these baked zucchini fritters will use up that grated zucchini in no time!
Here’s to rediscovering new loves, awaiting the bumper crops of summer and fun ways to eat your veggies. Find the recipe below or visit the original post for Baked Zucchini Fritters with Ranch Tzatziki on SheKnows.com!
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Hidden Valley and SheKnows. Sponsored posts such as these help behind the scenes at Kitchen Confidante. Thank you so much for supporting brands that matter to me and making my blog a part of your day!
More Recipes to Make with Shredded Zucchini
Baked Zucchini Fritters with Ranch Tzatziki
For the ranch tzatziki dressing:
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 1/3 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup cucumber finely diced, seeds omitted
- 2 tablespoons mint finely chopped
- To make the ranch tzatziki dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt and Hidden Valley Original Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix. Stir in the cucumber and mint, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly butter the parchment. Set aside.
- Toss the zucchini with kosher salt and place in a sieve over a bowl for 10 minutes. Squeeze any excess liquid through the sieve, then place in a clean dishcloth and squeeze more liquid out. Transfer the zucchini into a medium bowl and combine with the egg, Parmesan cheese, flour, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, place about 2 tablespoon-sized scoops onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly press until it is a disk, about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches in width.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with the ranch tzatziki dressing.