Green Goddess Avocado Toast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, plus more for serving
- 4 toasted mini naans or slices of your favorite bread
- 1-2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- olive oil, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
In the bowl of a food processor, process the garlic until minced. Add the feta cheese, basil, chives, tarragon, Greek yogurt, anchovy paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until well combined and pretty smooth. If you feel as though it could use a little more creaminess, feel free to add a bit of Greek yogurt, but I like the spread to be thick. The spread could be made a day in advance, if you wish, and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Toast the mini naan or slices of bread.
Spread the feta green goddess spread over the naan/bread. Top with slices of cucumber, followed by avocado. Drizzle with just a touch of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and serve with a wedge of lemon. Enjoy immediately.