Grilled Romaine Green Goddess Salad
- 2 romaine heads, washed and halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing (recipe here)
Additional toppings, such as:
- sunflower seeds
- crispy chickpeas
- sliced red onion
- sliced radishes
- Heat a grill pan or your grill on high heat.
- Pat the halves of romaine lettuce dry with a clean towel. Brush the cut sides of lettuce with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do the same for the lemon.
- Place the romaine and lemon halves cut side down on the grill for about 5 minutes, or until charred.
- Arrange the romaine and lemon on a platter, along with avocado, feta and favorite toppings.
- Drizzle with Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.