Grilled Vegetable Pizza is not only deliciously easy to make with your favorite veggies, grilled pizza is the best way to make homemade pizza in the summer! It keeps the heat out of the kitchen and is faster on the grill! Plus, veggie pizza is a tasty way to eat your veggies! This post is brought to you by All-Clad.
My husband and I bought our first home at the same time we were planning our wedding. Looking back, it felt like there was so much going on at the time, between escrows, moving, and landscaping the back yard to planning our wedding menu, shopping for bridesmaid dresses, and picking out items for our wedding registry. And I guess it was a lot to juggle, but so much fun at the same time!
As we settled into our life in Northern California, we loved having friends over in our spare time — and entertaining meant hanging out by the grill! It was our favorite way to cook for our friends, probably because it was so easy to divide and conquer: I marinated and worked on all the side dishes and dessert, while the hubby was in charge of grilling.
But I realize that while I had outfitted our kitchen to the nines and registered for pretty much everything we thought we needed, the one thing I didn’t consider was all of our outdoor cooking. We practically lived outdoors on the weekends (and even grilled on weeknights), but I didn’t register for anything that would make our outdoor cooking easier!
When it comes to wedding registries — or simply friends and family who ask — I always recommend All-Clad pots and pans. I have used the same set for many years, and they’re my workhorse in the kitchen. I use them every day, they still look as shiny and new as the day I got them, and they make cooking not only easy, but clean up even easier. I’m so excited to partner with All-Clad on a series of recipes to share with you — and between you and me, I wish I was able to add their Outdoor Nonstick Grill Pans to my registry years ago!
They really do make a huge difference when grilling — if you’ve ever lost a spear of asparagus through your grill grates, then you know.
It’s not just good for grilling veggies, but for any small items that could easily get lost: shrimp, garlic, thinly sliced beef…I can’t tell you how it makes how you grill so much better!
I love making Grilled Vegetable Pizza with the grill pans, not just because I won’t lose any veggies through the grill grates, but if you’ve ever struggled with pizza dough sticking to the grill, the nonstick grill pan erases any worry. It grills the dough evenly and releases like a dream!
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED VEGETABLE PIZZA
Making veggie pizza on the grill is super easy! Here’s how:
With the markets brimming with all the summer produce, now is the perfect time to eat all the veggies – whether you make this veggie pizza for friends or a simple weeknight dinner, I really think you’ll love making pizza on the grill!
MORE PIZZA RECIPES TO TRY
MORE GRILLED VEGGIE RECIPES TO TRY
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by All-Clad. Thank you for supporting brands that matter to me; sponsored posts such as this help behind the scenes at Kitchen Confidante. All opinions in this post are, as always, my own.
Grilled Vegetable Pizza
- 1 small Chinese eggplant sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 4 medium cremini mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper quartered and seeded
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda
- 2 jarred artichoke hearts halved
- fresh basil torn
- red pepper flakes optional, for serving
- In a large bowl, toss together the eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion. tomatoes, and olive oil. Add the Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, and toss to season. Place in All-Clad Outdoor Grill Basket or Roaster. Place on a hot grill over high heat, cover, and grill for about 8 minutes, stirring periodically. Move faster cooking vegetables to cooler parts of the grill (or remove from the grill if necessary). Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer back to the prep bowl.
- Use a paper towel to rub off the skin from the bell pepper. Discard. Slice the roasted bell pepper into strips and return to the rest of the vegetables.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired shape; I make mine about 14”x10” to fit my All-Clad Outdoor Nonstick Grill Grid. Lightly brush (or spray grid with olive oil and place on a grill over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush or spray the top of the dough with olive oil. To make it easy to transfer to the grill grid, I fold the dough once toward me in half, place on the grill grid, and unfold, very carefully spreading the dough flat once on the grill. Cover and grill for 2 minutes, or until the dough is bubbling and golden brown on the bottom side.
- Using tongs and/or a large spatula, flip the dough over. Spread pesto sauce on top of the dough, top with cheese, grilled vegetables, and artichoke hearts. Cover and grill for another two minutes, until the dough is golden on the bottom, and the cheese is melted.