Herbed Polenta Fries with Mushroom & Artichoke Fricassée
Herbed Polenta Fries
For recipe, please see Gourmet, January 2009.
Mushroom & Artichoke Fricasée
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups mushrooms (an assortment works nicely), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until they are wilted. Add the garlic, artichoke hearts, fish sauce and black pepper. Cook for another minute. Stir in the lemon juice and white wine. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in fresh thyme. Serve immediately with Herbed Polenta Fries.