Kale and Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound fresh linguine (can substitute dried)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp (26/30), peeled and deveined (tails left on if desired)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups chopped kale
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, generously salt the water and cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a deep sided skillet or large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cook the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes for about 3 minutes, or until the shallots have wilted and the garlic is fragrant. Add the shrimp and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir the shrimp, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked. Transfer the shrimp to a small bowl.
Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. When it comes to a bubble, stir in the remaining butter and olive oil. Add the shrimp, linguine and kale to the pan, tossing to coat in the sauce. Serve immediately.