Tomato, Corn and Nectarine Chickpea Salad
All of your favorite summer fruits and vegetables, in a vibrant summer salad! This is guaranteed to become a go-to all season long.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 15- oz can of chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced nectarines
- 1 jalapeno seeds and pith removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 2 garlic cloves mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz feta cheese cut in 1/2 inch cubes
Rinse and drain chickpeas.
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, nectarines, jalapeno, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, mash together the garlic and salt. Whisk in the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with pepper.
Toss the dressing into the chickpeas and vegetables. Let it sit for at least an hour in the refrigerator. Before serving, stir in feta cheese.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 1.7mg