AN IDEAL SIDE DISH!
This was amazing! I love risotto but its so rich, this makes it so much lighter! I will DEFINATELY make this again! Thanks so much!!!
– Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent. Stir in the rice and toast for about a minute or so, making sure the grains are coated.
– Stir in broth, and cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
– Continue adding the remaining stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring often and adding each addition when the liquid is nearly all absorbed.
– While the risotto is cooking: Pulse the broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped. This can also be done with a knife.
– Transfer to a small pan with water and season lightly with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and let it steam. Drain.
– To finish the risotto: Stir the broccoli into the risotto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley, thyme, butter, and cheese.
Hi, I’m Liren. I am a mother of two and wife to one, currently based in the SF Bay Area, land of fresh foods and sublime wine...