Sweet Potato Chips with Whipped Goat Cheese and Caviar – simple, elegant and celebration-worthy, these are the perfect appetizer for your next festive get together!
Whenever I make homemade sweet potato chips, the aroma of the sweet potatoes crisping in the kitchen brings me back in time to when my mother would make sweet potato chips as an after school snack. Before I could change out of my uniform, I would gobble them up as soon as they hit the plate, and I loved those imperfect slices she made, since she cut them all by hand, without the aid of a mandoline. Between you and me, I liked them on the thick side, even if that meant they wouldn’t be as crunchy in the middle.
Sweet potatoes aside, there’s one other thing I remember dearly about my mom, and that was how she was always ready for a party.
Always ready to dance, always ready to laugh, always ready to dress up and go out. My mom was the type of person who never wanted to pass up a fun time. As I was making these Sweet Potato Chips with Whipped Goat Cheese and Caviar as a festive appetizer, I couldn’t help but think of her and how she would love these party-ready bites!
Her simple homemade sweet potato chips get a dose of celebration with some herb-whipped goat cheese and the ultimate decadence: caviar! Topping these bites are ROEcaviar – little bubbles of briny freshness that add that pop and pizzazz to each bite.
And with such gorgeous packaging, don’t you think they would make perfect holiday gifts? I plan on gifting them to some very special friends – if you’re looking for the ultimate edible gift, I think this is sure to make someone very, very happy. Caviar is irresistible with a glass of champagne, all through the holidays!
Caviar. Bubbly. Good friends. Family. A party just wouldn’t be the same any other way!
Disclosure: While I did receive ROEcaviar to enjoy, this blog post is not sponsored. There are affiliate links in this post.
More fabulous appetizers to serve at your next holiday gathering:
Caramelized Onion, Feta & Serrano Ham Flatbread
Albóndigas with Olives
Ginger Lemon Shrimp
Crostini with Gorgonzola and Prune Chutney
Cranberry Pomegranate Baked Brie
Caramelized Grape, Brie and Walnut Bites
Fig, Honey and Goat Cheese Galette
Sweet Potato Chips with Whipped Goat Cheese and Caviar
- 2 sweet potatoes* very thinly sliced (about 1/8″ thick)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- sea salt
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives plus more for serving
- 30 g caviar
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Lightly brush the foil with oil. Place the slices of sweet potato on the baking sheets in a single layer and lightly brush with oil. Bake for about 2 hours, or until crisp, rotating pans halfway. Transfer to paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a small bowl or mini food processor, blend together the goat cheese, cream cheese, milk and herbs until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, top sweet potato chips with whipped goat cheese and caviar.