Breakfast is easy when you make this recipe for Baked Eggs with Cheesy Pancetta Biscuits. Make-ahead biscuits bake with eggs for a quick one-skillet breakfast!
“If you could make up an extra day to the week, what would you call it?” my little guy asked me one morning. I chose Baker Day. Our last name, a day that we would fill baking something yummy.
“What would you call it?” I asked. “Friends Day,” he decided. “You would spend all day with your friends, playing.”
I like his idea better.
It’s too bad we can’t have 8 days in a week, but that’s what holidays are for, right? And I can’t think of any better way to spend those precious holidays baking something delicious and savoring time with friends and family.
With visitors coming to spend the holidays, time is always precious, and I am always looking for ways to make sure I’m spending more time with them than in the kitchen. So I think I found the perfect one-skillet breakfast to share with company: Baked Eggs with Cheesy Pancetta Biscuits.
Having Bisquick on hand means I can always whip up a batch of cheesy pancetta biscuits before my guests even arrive, and on mornings while we chat over freshly brewed cups of coffee, all I need to do is drop some eggs into a rich marinara sauce, along with the make-ahead biscuits. It’s a meal in a skillet, and while the eggs bake, the biscuits brown and rise. In minutes, a hearty breakfast is on the table!
Baked Eggs with Cheesy Pancetta Biscuits are my kind of breakfast – runny eggs, melting into flaky biscuits in a pool of a spicy tomato sauce. Give everyone a big spoon to dig in, and make the most of the day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
MORE EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Mushroom Polenta Breakfast Bowl
Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
Blueberry Almond Butter Muffins (Vegan)
Mixed Berry Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
Chicken Sausage Four Cheese Frittata
Apple Oatmeal Blender Waffles
Baked Eggs with Cheesy Pancetta Biscuits
For the Biscuits:
- 1 cup Original Bisquick Mix
- 1/4 cup grated swiss and gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup diced cooked pancetta
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- sea salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Original Bisquick Mix, cheese, pancetta and milk until a sticky dough forms. Drop the dough onto a surface floured with Original Bisquick Mix, and gently knead a few times until you have a soft dough, using a little more Bisquick if it is too sticky. Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch disk, then cut using a 2 inch cutter. Transfer the biscuits to a parchment lined tray and refrigerate until ready to use. This can be done the night before. This will make about 18 biscuits. You can bake any extra if you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- Stir the marinara, leeks, pancetta, and the cheese in a cast iron or oven safe skillet. Use the back of a spoon to create little pockets in the sauce, then gently break an egg in each pocket. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Carefully drop in 3-4 biscuits. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are baked and the biscuits are golden and risen. Serve immediately.