Dark Chocolate Peppermint Kahlúa Fudge is kissed with Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha, for an entirely grown up chocolatey bite. A decadent holiday recipe! Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Kahlúa.
I learned a new term when I moved to California years ago. I was chatting with a neighbor when she shared her plans to celebrate a “New York New Year’s.” Being a native New Yorker, I wasn’t quite sure what that meant. And why weren’t Californians celebrating a “California New Year’s”?
It turned out she wasn’t the only one. I quickly learned that among friends with families or young children, or older friends, or basically anyone who could not (or would not) stay up until midnight local time, that a “New York New Year’s” was the perfect way to count down! Nine o’clock Pacific time, was after all, midnight Eastern, and celebrations were happening in time to the Times Square ball drop, all over the country.
It made sense! Family members up and down the east coast would call at the stroke of midnight anyway, shouting Happy New Year! and well wishes through the phone. These days, text messages have replaced these wishes, but that’s besides the point.
Have you ever celebrated a New York New Year’s?
Well, whether you do or you don’t, the holidays are cause for celebration, and I have a special treat for you. Dark Chocolate Kahlúa Peppermint Fudge — between Christmas and New Year’s, I can’t think of a better time to enjoy toasting with something sweet. This is no ordinary fudge. It may be simple to make, but it’s kissed with Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha, for an entirely grown up chocolatey bite. And besides, you’re going to need minty fresh breath for that midnight kiss!
Don’t just stop at the fudge. Wouldn’t this be amazing paired with Kahlúa Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha? Sweet bites deserve sweet sips!
More Recipes for Holiday Treats
Disclosure: This post was originally brought to you by Kahlúa. All opinions are, as always, my own. Sponsored posts such as these help behind the scenes at Kitchen Confidante. Thank you for visiting and making my blog part of your day!
Dark Chocolate Kahlúa Peppermint Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 10 oz about 2 cups chopped dark chocolate (semisweet or bittersweet)
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Lightly spray an 8x8 square pan with coconut oil or canola oil. Line with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper. You can also use butter to grease the pan.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, salt and evaporated milk over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, continually stirring. Remove the milk from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts. When the chocolate is smooth, stir in the Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha and the peppermint extract, if using.
- Pour the chocolate into the pan, spreading it evenly. Work quickly because the chocolate will begin to firm up. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy, cover the pan, and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.