Maple Glazed Cranberry Bread
Maple Glazed Cranberry Bread – a quickbread for cranberry lovers! Sweetened with maple syrup, studded with fresh cranberries, and drizzled with a maple glaze, this cranberry bread is perfect for holiday gifting, brunch, or with your cup of afternoon tea!
Maple Glazed Cranberry Bread – a quickbread for cranberry lovers! Sweetened with maple syrup, studded with fresh cranberries, and drizzled with a maple glaze, this cranberry bread is perfect for holiday brunch or with your cup of afternoon tea! This post is brought to you in partnership with The Maple Guild.
I’ve been counting down to Christmas. It’s a different countdown from my kids, though. They’re eager for all of the holly jolly, and the presents under the tree, and probably the time off from school. But for me, what I’m looking forward to most is relaxing. I can’t wait to be done with shopping, writing cards, all the wrapping, and the final quarter with work. I’m looking forward to some time off, the luxury of sipping my tea, working on our annual family Christmas puzzle, and watching all the movies.
I’m also looking forward to turning on the oven and baking the day away! I find that even now, our weekends are invaded by alarm clocks and carpools, so to have the time to actually bake is the ultimate treat!
My husband reminded me how important it is to take a break this past weekend. In what was probably my most busy weekend of the season — with everything going full throttle — kid activities, hosting a holiday brunch (and all the cooking and cleaning that goes along with that), and a crazy amount of work obligations to attend to — he announced on Saturday morning that he planned a date night for us. When he saw the look of panic on my face, he offered to cancel the dinner reservation, but are you kidding? When your husband plans a date night, you go on date night! And it was the best reminder of how important it is to focus on showing how you care when life feels crazy.
So if that means date night, then you should go on date night. If it means taking the time to bake something delicious, bake something delicious. Nevermind counting down. Make the time for something sweet that will make people happy. Now.
Speaking of something sweet, I did get around to baking something delicious…that involves maple syrup! I teamed up with The Maple Guild to sweeten your day — especially since today happens to be National Maple Syrup Day!
What I love about The Maple Guild maple syrup is just how remarkable maple-y it is! Made in Vermont, their maple syrup is produced with a steam-crafting™ process, so gentle and different from the traditional method of directly boiling maple sap. The flavor is so rich and pure, and I couldn’t wait to transform some fresh cranberries into a Maple-Glazed Cranberry Bread, with just the right amount of sweetness to make an ordinary day extraordinary.
I’m thinking of making more to gift to neighbors this year. I mean, how can anyone resist a loaf studded with cranberries and kissed with the sweetness of maple syrup inside and out? Studies do say that there’s a scientific reason baking for others feels so good, so let’s embrace it, especially during the holidays, and sweeten their day…and yours!
Want to try The Maple Guild? I especially love the Cinnamon Infused Maple Syrup in this recipe, but it’s also delicious with their Bourbon Infused Maple Syrup! They have so many delicious flavors to choose from! Visit The Maple Guild and use promo code: kitchen25 for 25% off your entire order!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in partnership with The Maple Guild. There may be affiliate links in this post. Thank you for supporting brands that matter to me; sponsored posts such as this help behind the scenes at Kitchen Confidante. All opinions in this post are, as always, my own.
Maple-Glazed Cranberry Bread
For the Cranberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups halved fresh cranberries
For the Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less, depending on desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack placed in the center of the oven. Prepare an 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75-inch loaf pan by spraying with baking spray and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Stir in the cranberries, be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Place in oven and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, then lower heat to 325°F and bake for about 20-30 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Tent with foil if the loaf looks like it is browning too quickly. Let it rest for about 5 minutes on a wire rack, before removing from loaf pan.
- While the cranberry bread cools, make the glaze. Stir together the maple syrup and milk. Whisk in the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments until smooth and you achieve your desired consistency, using a little more or less as necessary.
- Use a skewer to poke a few holes in the cranberry bread. Spoon the glaze over the bread until the top is covered. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Can you use frozen cranberries?
Yes, you can! Enjoy!!
As a fellow cranberry lover, I need this bread in my life!
All cranberry lovers need this bread! :)
Loving that glaze on this bread!
The glaze is the best part!
What a gorgeous loaf! The maple, the glaze, the festive cranberries! Delish!!
Thank you, Liz! It’s the holidays in a slice!
You hooked me with that first photo! Whoa, whoa, whoa, this looks so good! And I love the branding on that maple syrup.