Almond Butter Granola is a wholesome way to start the day! This easy, homemade granola recipe is made with heart-healthy nuts, seeds, and no refined sugar.
You might say I have a pretty boring breakfast most mornings, at least in the winter months. I eat pretty much the same thing on weekdays when the mornings are chilly: a bowl of oats mixed with mashed banana and a dollop of nut butter. Insta-worthy? Not so much. It’s probably the ugliest breakfast ever. But I crave it because it’s cozy, naturally sweet, and it fuels me for a morning workout.
But the days are getting warmer, and just as I am ready to trade in my boots for sandals, I’m ready for a breakfast change.
It turns out I’m not the only one! My son mentioned a craving for granola, and asked me to make some. “I like your homemade granola, mom.” So I thought about making some of our old favorites, trying to decide between Blueberry Maple Granola and Mocha Coconut Granola.
But I just can’t give up my almond butter. Call me obsessed!
So, I whipped up a batch of homemade almond butter granola, one full of nuts (more almonds! and coconut!) and seeds (hemp seeds) and naturally sweetened with almond butter and maple syrup. It’s like a summertime version of my favorite winter oats, and delicious drowned in almond milk and tons of fresh berries. My kids love it with yogurt and fruit after school, and I find the jar out on the counter all day, between breakfasts, snacks, and even for dessert!
HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA
Homemade granola is so easy to make at home, there really is no reason to buy expensive granola at the store. This recipe for Almond Butter Granola is utterly delicious, protein-rich, and will fuel you all morning long!
MORE HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPES TO TRY
Cranberry Sauce Granola
Blueberry Maple Granola
Mocha Coconut Granola
Trail Mix Granola
Gingersnap Granola from The Bojon Gourmet
Spicy Pumpkin, Maple, and Tahini Granola from Foolproof Living
Lemon Tahini Cashew Granola from Vanilla and Bean
Almond Butter Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or lightly mist with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, coconut, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, oil, and maple syrup. Pour the sauce over the oat mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking tray and place it in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes. When the granola is toasted, remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Once it is cool, break into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by the handful!