Ginger Beer Paloma Cocktail – if you love the classic Paloma, you must try this gingery twist! This refreshing version is made with fresh grapefruit juice, tequila, ginger simple syrup, and ginger beer!
I have to admit, sometimes, cocktails fall off my radar. When you live in California, close to some of the most incredible vineyards, it’s easy to turn to wine as your go-to drink of choice! But there’s something about summer that revives my interest in cocktails. Long, sweltering days calls for something frosty, icy, and refreshing. And sometimes, a good chat is all the reminder I need.
When I welcomed Jessie-Sierra Ross from Straight to the Hips, Baby on the podcast, I love how she described her cooking as an ode to fresh, quality ingredients, and her love of butter, sugar, and a great cocktail. She clearly has her her priorities in order!
It made me realize that while Paloma cocktails are one of my favorite cocktails to sip, I’ve never shared a recipe here with you! So here, my friends, is my version: Ginger Beer Paloma cocktails!
How to Make Ginger Beer Paloma Cocktails
Classic Palomas are simple cocktails, made with grapefruit soda, tequila, and a good squeeze of lime. Other variations are made with fresh grapefruit juice, sugar or simple syrup, and tequila, and topped off with club soda. My version is made with fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, and ginger beer, which adds subtle complexity to the Paloma. A ginger simple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness!
How to Ginger Beer Paloma
- Prep your cocktail glass
Take 1 wedge of grapefruit and rub the rim of a highball cocktail glass, and dip it into kosher salt.
- Make the cocktail
Drop the wedge into the glass, and add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ginger simple syrup. Stir in the tequila. Add ice and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with the remaining grapefruit wedge and a sprig of mint, if desired. Sip and enjoy!
More Ginger Beverage and Cocktail Recipes
Ginger Beer Paloma Cocktail
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 pieces ginger peeled
- 1 sprig mint optional
For the Ginger Beer Paloma
- 2 wedges grapefruit divided
- kosher salt
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Ginger Simple Syrup
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 oz ginger beer
- 1 sprig mint for garnish
Make the Ginger Simple Syrup
- Combine water, sugar, and ginger in a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sugar dissolves, about 3-4 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the Ginger Beer Paloma
- Take 1 wedge of grapefruit and rub the rim of a highball cocktail glass, and dip it into kosher salt. Drop the wedge into the glass, and add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ginger simple syrup. Stir in the tequila. Add ice and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with the remaining grapefruit wedge and a sprig of mint, if desired. Sip and enjoy!