Chocolate Banana Muffins are like a warm cuddle, chock full of chocolate chips! Make a batch of these muffins to share with loved ones. These Chocolate Banana Muffins are the perfect breakfast or brunch treat!
Each weekday morning, I carve out time for myself. I love rising before the children, sipping my coffee while the house is still quiet. As the children dream in their beds, this is my most productive time. Emails are sent, posts are written, photographs edited. I fuel my body for the morning workout and the busy day that will follow.
But as much as I focus on me, me, me, I have to make time for my son when he drowsily pads into the office, his hair standing on end and hands rubbing his eyes. Cuddling time? he’ll ask.
And I nod. For him, his morning starts with a snuggle, and my little guy remains my baby. He’ll warm my heart by saying, “I love you so much, I can’t even tell.” And I hug him tighter, because I can’t help but wonder how much longer we will have cuddling time. One day, that will surely change.
I love these sweet moments and need to hold on to them. I make treats like these Chocolate Banana Muffins for them – warm from the oven, it’s like a comforting cuddle. It’s homey, it’s rich, and they’re made with love.
* I hope you’re having a good Sunday! I can’t wait to share my post with exciting news tomorrow. Be sure to check back soon, okay? In the meantime, have a relaxing rest of your weekend!
If you like these Chocolate Banana Muffins, you may enjoy these other breakfast recipes with chocolate or banana:
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or substitute 1 cup milk with juice of one lemon
- 5 - 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift or whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add pecans if using, then set aside. In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter. Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas.
- Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. If using a microwave, melt the chocolate in 20 second bursts, stirring between.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, to egg mixture, alternating until incorporated. Try to end with the dry ingredient addition, and be sure not to over mix. Slowly stir in melted chocolate. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full, then top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake muffins for about 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.