Avocado Corn Tomato Salad is simple, fresh and perfect for every summer meal. A squeeze of fresh lime juice, jalapenos, and cilantro adds freshness to this easy summer salad!
Summer cooking is all about simplicity, and it doesn’t get any simpler than with this salad. I don’t know about you, but less is more when summer rolls around, and luckily for us, when the veggies are at their peak in the market, you don’t need to do much to make a delicious salad!
When summer corn is available, I love to toss it in one of my favorite salads, and this Avocado Corn Tomato Salad pairs perfectly with nearly everything! From steaks to grilled chicken, pork tenderloin to fish, there’s nothing like a corn salad to round out the meal.
I’ve been making this salad for years for good reason: it’s just too easy! There’s no fussy salad dressing or croutons to bake, and best of all, it makes excellent use of any leftover corn I may have from another meal.
In a pinch, I can microwave an ear of corn, which may be the easiest and fastest method for cooking corn for this salad, but you could also use frozen or canned corn if you’re in a pinch! I should also mention that raw sweet corn is absolutely delicious and adds crunch to this salad, if you’re feeling especially rushed.
HOW TO MICROWAVE CORN ON THE COB
To cook corn on the cob in the microwave, simply place one corn on the cob, husk still intact, in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes on high. Cooking times may vary depending on the microwave, so slightly peel back to check the kernels for doneness. When cooked, allow the corn to cool slightly and peel the husk.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CORN TOMATO SALAD
Avocado Corn Tomato Salad is the easiest salad you can make when the summer veggies are fresh and plentiful!
- Simply toss the avocado, corn, and tomato in a bowl with red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
2. Then dress it simply with a squeeze of lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Give a toss and it’s ready to serve!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH AVOCADO CORN TOMATO SALAD?
This salad goes with virtually everything, and can even stand on its own for a simple vegetarian or vegan meal. Here are some recipes that pair perfectly with this summer salad:
Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Grilled Flank Steak and Fingerlings with Chimichurri
Honey Spice Marinated Grilled Chicken
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Citrus Herb Salsa
MORE SUMMER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY
Fireworks Pasta Salad
Falafel Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
Citrus and Avocado Salad with Quick-Pickled Fennel
Lemony Kale, Avocado, and Chickpea Salad
Tomato, Corn and Nectarine Chickpea Salad
Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced crosswise
- 1 ear corn cooked, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 lime juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the avocados, tomatoes, corn, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- Enjoy on its own or as a side to your favorite meal!