Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cilantro Edamame Pesto
This recipe for Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cilantro Edamame Pesto is a quick and flavorful way to prepare fish—great for weeknight cooking.
Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cilantro Edamame Pesto is a quick weeknight dinner solution that is filled with a garlicky zest in each bite.
“Did you feel that?” I can’t tell you how many times I wake in the middle of the night, 100% convinced that the house is shaking. I wake up my husband, and check my phone to confirm my suspicions. But as convincing as the shaking bed is to me, it turns out to be a recurring nightmare. It’s not just tucked away in my cozy bed, here in California. The last time I awoke to this recurring imaginary earthquake was when we were in Maui a month ago. I’ve learned to not wake my husband anymore.
Last night was different.
“Did you feel that? We’re having an earthquake!” This time it was my husband who roused me, at 3:20 am. I thought it was just another of my dreams, but he felt it, too. And when I woke this morning, we learned it was a rather big one, not far at all from where we used to live when we first moved to California.
Mother Nature’s wake up call. It can be serious for some. For the rest of us who live here, it’s a reminder to be prepared. For me, it’s a reminder to value the simple things in life.
Last night I made this Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cilantro Edamame Pesto. Halibut is one of our favorite fishes, and I’m learning that pan roasting is one of my favorite preparations. I love the crust on the fish, and how the last 5 minutes of cooking in the oven is just the time I need to stir some pesto into some spinach and edamame. Topped with cilantro edamame, it adds a garlicky zest to each bite.
More Great Fish Recipes
Plank Grilled Alaska Salmon with Honey Chipotle Glaze
Quinoa Stuffed Alaska Sole
Spicy Fish Taco Bowls with Cabbage Slaw
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Citrus Herb Salsa
Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cilantro Edamame Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups edamame divided
- 1 cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 4-oz halibut fillets
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the garlic, 1/4 cup edamame, cilantro and salt until it becomes a paste. With the food processor running, add 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set the pesto aside.
- Season the halibut on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick oven-safe pan over medium high heat. Sear the halibut on one side for about 3 minutes. Gently turn the fillets and place in the oven to roast for about 4-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The halibut should just be flaking but not dry.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add remaining edamame to the pan, along with the spinach. Pour the chicken stock in and let it come to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the butter and 1-2 tablespoons of the pesto.
- To serve, divide the edamame and spinach between 4 plates. Top with the halibut, and put a dollop of pesto on top of the fish. Garnish with cilantro, if you wish. Serve immediately.
You make this information interesting and engaging.
your photography just amaze me
DEADPOOL SHEARLING RED JACKET
I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging.
Jaime Lannister Leather Jacket
Looks so amazingly delicious, makes me crazy and mouth watering OMG :D
Other Potential Problems now and again, even with regulated gadgets and VPP application conveyance, issues happen. Here are the regular ones to watch out for:Some application licenses don’t bolster gadget task. Application licenses, as a matter of course, bolster gadget task. Application designers hold the rights to impair this element, be that as it may. On uncommon event, you may find that application licenses you have obtained don’t bolster gadget based task. At the point when this happens, iOS will provoke the client for an Apple ID.
This is so creative and simple Women bomber jackets
Like the reading section! This content is looking through as best visualization because kind word
what an incredible use of Edamame with Halibut. I am gonna try this at home.
Ah, I never see that kinda post before, for me it’s so far brilliant one.
Hello heavenly halibut!
Absolutely gorgeous. I love a light and flavorful dish of halibut!
Looks so delicious and I love the fresh flavours of the cilantro Liren!
Boy that was one heck of a wake up call this morning! Charles and I ran down the stairs and it was shaking the whole way down. Seemed to last forever. The puppies were unphased but happy to see us when we went down to check on them. I have to say this is one AMAZING looking dish – a must make!
What a scary thing to wake up to, earthquakes are not my favorite! Love this halibut, it looks so fresh and vibrant with that lovely green pesto!
My first week living in California (Palo Alto) I felt an earthquake and was like “whoa stuff just got REAL”. Gotta pay respect to Mother Nature! This Halibut looks delicious and fresh and so simple. Can’t wait to try it!