Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
Give a classic Cobb salad extra crunch! This crispy chicken Cobb salad is easy to make in an air fryer or oven and is loaded with avocado, hard boiled eggs, bacon and blue cheese, and the best salad dressing!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Give a classic Cobb salad extra crunch! This chicken Cobb salad recipe is easy to make with oven roasted or air fryer breaded chicken breast and a delicious Cobb salad dressing!
There are certain things that remind me of my father in law. His kind blue eyes. The baritone of his chuckle. His recipe for the world’s best banana bread. Pad See Ew at any Thai restaurant. And his love for Cobb salad.
If Cobb salad was on the menu, chances are, he would order it. At least it seemed that way. And can you blame him? I often think that a Cobb salad is probably the best thing to serve anyone who might be salad-wary, because how can you resist anything that is loaded with so much goodness? Slices of juicy chicken, bacon, blue cheese, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and, of course greens (which seem like an afterthought), it’s one of the heartiest salads I know.
On its own, a Cobb salad is a symphony of flavors that just work so well, there’s hardly any room for improvement, but except for perhaps one thing – adding some crunch! I like to think he would have appreciated that very much.
Chicken Cobb Salad
I give chicken Cobb salad a crispy twist by coating chicken breast with a flavorful panko breading and letting the air fryer work its magic. If you don’t have an air fryer, no need to run out and buy one, it works just as well in an oven!
The only thing you’ll need are the ingredients for this salad, and for this, I turn to Safeway – between their O Organics®, Open Nature®, and Signature Family of Brands, I can always find everything I need! With such a wide range of products, it’s easy to keep stocked for easy meals at home!
Over the course of the last year, I have shared so many recipes that are so simple to make with the Safeway brands, and today I wanted to share some of the staples that I always keep on hand. The beauty of these staples, whether it’s fresh, living O Organic butter lettuce (which keeps beautifully in the fridge), creamy avocados, sharp blue cheese, Dijon mustard, and Safeway signature naan bread (I always have this on hand in my freezer!), is that I have an endless possibility of meals I can create!
Not only are they staples for this Cobb salad and Cobb salad dressing, they’re also perfect for my veggie sandwiches at lunch (I seriously eat one every day), salad dressings, avocado smoothies, marinades, and more!
When it comes to picking up my groceries, I truly rely on Safeway’s convenient Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™, and use this service at least once a week! The amazing crew at my local Safeway know me now and are truly the best at picking out the best ingredients for the recipes I share here with you. They’re so thoughtful and always go above and beyond, making sure I have bananas just how I like them, and the freshest bread.
Plus, it’s such a timesaver to shop on my app or online and drive up and go! I shop at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find O Organics®, Open Nature® products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb. Shop these affordable high-quality products!
Since I always have Signature Select Naan Bread stashed away in my fridge or freezer, I love how any leftovers can easily be transformed into a Cobb chicken sandwich the next day! It’s like having two meals in one!
How to Make Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
With some pantry and fridge staples, a crispy chicken Cobb salad is quite simple to make! Start with the dressing — I like to give the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, garlic, salt and pepper a whirl in the blender, but you can simply whisk it together. This can easily be made in advance and is delicious on all kinds of salads.
To give the chicken crunch, I blend panko breadcrumbs with some paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and olive oil, and press it onto the chicken. Then it’s off to an air fryer or oven!
While the chicken develops its golden, crunchy crust, prep the rest of the toppings. Once all the components are ready, simply arrange the greens, chicken, avocado, hard boiled eggs, bacon, tomato, corn and blue cheese on a platter and serve with dressing on the side!
More delicious salad recipes
Falafel Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
Lemony Kale, Avocado, and Chickpea Salad
Disclosure: This post was created in partnership with Safeway. Thank you for supporting brands that matter to me; sponsored posts such as this help behind the scenes at Kitchen Confidante. All opinions in this post are, as always, my own.
Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce or romaine chopped (a combination of the two is great)
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 6 strips cooked bacon roughly chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into slices
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. This can also be done with a whisk, blending until creamy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. This can be done a few days in advance, and the flavors do improve with time. Be sure to whisk before using.
- Preheat air fryer or oven (with a rack in the center of the oven) to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder until combined. Stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the mixture is well coated. If you feel like your mixture needs a touch more olive oil, add a bit more. Set aside.
- Use remaining tablespoon of olive oil to brush the chicken breast. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. CoEat the chicken on all sides with the panko breadcrumb mixture. Transfer to the air fryer (or on a baking sheet and place in the oven). Airfry/bake for 12 minutes, flipping once in the middle, until the chicken is golden, with an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss the butter lettuce and romaine in a large bowl with a few tablespoons of dressing. Arrange on a platter and top with sliced chicken, blue cheese, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, avocado and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I rarely make chicken recipes (seriously like once a year) and made this tonight. It was freaking amazing!!! Super easy, I prepared it all at the same time and didn’t feel like I was scrambling. Will definitely try again!!
Courtney, this makes me so happy! I’m so glad that you loved the Cobb salad – knowing that chicken is a rarity for you makes your rave review even more special! Thank you!