All the flavors I adore are on this Fig, Jalapeño Jam & Blue Cheese Pizza. Sweet figs, spicy jalapeño jam, and earthy blue cheese melt together with the crunch of red onion and peppery arugula for a symphony of flavors in each bite. This is definitely one of my favorites. This post was originally sponsored by Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads. All opinions are my own.
What happens when you take a native New Yorker out of New York? The quest for the perfect slice begins. Talk to any transplant, and you’ll hear the same sad song about how it’s impossible to find good pizza.
I used to sing that song, until I opened my eyes to the flavors I have grown to love here in California. It may have taken me 14 years (gosh, has it really been that long since we moved here?), but I can finally put my quest for a simple cheese pizza to rest. I’ve moved on…and you guys, I think this is actually…better.
I couldn’t wait to develop a recipe that would bring my love for East Coast pizza and marry it with the flavors I have grown to adore here on the West Coast. My beloved figs immediately came to mind, and I was dreaming of all kinds of sweet and savory ways to make it shine using Stonefire’s Italian Artisan Pizza Crust.
I knew the flavors would just melt perfectly with sweet summer figs (here’s how to choose perfect figs!), red onions and earthy gorgonzola cheese. Topped with peppery arugula and drizzled lightly with honey and a little more jalapeño jam – oh my goodness. Each bite of this Fig, Jalapeño Jam & Blue Cheese Pizza is an incredible explosion of all the flavors I just love.
This post was originally sponsored by Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads. Sponsored posts such as these help support the work behind the scenes on Kitchen Confidante. Thank you so much for your visits and making my blog part of your day. As always, all opinions are my own.
More Fig Recipes
Fig, Jalapeño Jam and Blue Cheese Pizza
- 1 package Stonefire Italian Artisan Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño INNA jam plus more for garnish
- 1 cup sliced fresh figs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese i.e. Gorgonzola
- 1/3 cup baby arugula
- Honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, stir the ricotta cheese and salt. Spread jalapeño jam over the pizza crust, and sprinkle dollops of ricotta cheese on top. Top with figs and red onion, and sprinkle evenly with blue cheese.
- Place pizza in oven and cook for about 7 minutes, or until the pizza and toppings are heated through and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, garnish with baby arugula and drizzle lightly with honey and a little warmed jalapeño jam. Slice and serve immediately.