Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake
Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake is a New York style cheesecake recipe that is a dense yet fluffy cheesecake base, covered in a thick layer of Nutella ganache. The ultimate decadent cheesecake experience! Enjoy this cheesecake at your next celebration!
Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake is a New York-style cheesecake recipe with a dense yet fluffy cheesecake base covered in a thick layer of Nutella ganache. The ultimate decadent cheesecake experience! Enjoy this cheesecake at your next celebration!
Note: This post was originally published on October 9, 2014. The recipe has been updated from the archives.
I hope you enjoy this favorite from my kitchen.
Don’t blink. Because if you do, a decade passes. Just like that.
Loved ones lost.
Houses become homes.
Farewells turn into new beginnings.
10 years ago today, I married the man I have grown to love more and more each day, in ways I could have never understood a decade ago. The years have brought us closer, and we have been blessed in so many ways. I share glimpses of this with you. And I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without him.
So, something sweet. This Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake represents so much of our ten years of marriage. There is the sweet, and there is the savory. There is the appreciation of the unknown (you may be surprised to learn that this Nutellaholic married a man who did not understand the virtues of chocolate hazelnut until recently – proof that we all can learn to love something new, if only we try). There is the nostalgia (the day I met my husband, I ate a chocolate-dipped cheesecake). There is the shared (we both love a good New York-style cheesecake).
I have long been on the hunt for a New York-style cheesecake recipe that reminds me of the dense yet fluffy creations I grew up on back East. Many versions later, I think I have finally found one that works, for now. I turned to Ina Garten; if anyone would understand a good cheesecake, surely she might…and she did not let me down for this Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake.
Celebrate with us – celebrate those milestones – appreciate the sweetness of love.
How to Make Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake
The best part about showstopper desserts like cheesecake is that the steps are spread out over time. It’s may look complicated, but truly, it’s quite simple! You just need to allow for a little time in your schedule!
We start with making the graham cracker crust. If you have a food processor, it makes quick work of blitzing the graham crackers into crumbs, but you can easily crush the graham crackers in a resealable bag and mash it with a rolling pin. Once you have the crumbs, simply mix in the butter and sugar, and press it into a springform pan. A quick bake in the oven will allow the crust to come together.
While the crust bakes, make the ganache. If you prefer an extra layer of chocolatey goodness, spread a little ganache over the crust, but this is optional. Chill the crust while you make the filling.
The filling couldn’t be simpler. Blend all the ingredients for the cream cheese filling until smooth, then pour into the prepared crust. Then it’s off to bake!
Once the cheesecake has baked and cooled to room temperature, chill the cheesecake overnight. The longer it chills, the better it tastes – cheesecake tends to cure over time, if you let it chill for a day or two, I find the flavor gets even better.
Decorating the chilled cheesecake with a ganache topping and Ferrero Rocher chocolates brings this over the top! Be sure to chill the cake one more time to allow the ganache to firm before slicing and serving.
Love cheesecake? Try these other delicious cheesecake recipes!
No-bake Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
No-churn Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake
No-bake Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Nectarine Compote
Lemon-berry Cheesecake Parfaits
No-Bake Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
Nutella Ganache Covered Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 10 crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the ganache:
- 3/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the filling:
- (5) 8 oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 whole large eggs at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Ferrero Rocher Fine Hazelnut Chocolates
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender, process graham crackers till fine. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also place the crackers in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add butter and sugar, and combine. Pour into pan, pressing down with fingers or measuring cup. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450°F.
Make the Nutella ganache
- Make the Chocolate Nutella Ganache according to the instructions linked in the notes section below. Use just enough (about 1/3 cup) to lightly coat the crust. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy. Lower the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, a couple at a time, scraping down the bowl periodically. Lower the mixer speed to low and add the sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Pour into the refrigerated crust.
- Place the pan on a foil covered baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn down the oven to 225°F and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the oven door. Let the cheesecake sit in the opened oven untouched for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature for three hours. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
The following day
- The following day, carefully remove the cheesecake out of the pan: run a wet knife along the edge of the pan then unlatch the sides to remove. Stir the ganache to soften. Carefully and slowly pour the ganache over the cheesecake, starting in the center and allowing the ganache to move outwards and over the edge and sides of the cake, if you wish. Garnish with Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. Return to refrigerator and chill until the ganache is firm before serving.
Wow! This cheesecake looks incredible! Happy anniversary too. This looks like the perfect way to celebrate.
Nutella is my favourite! This recipe looks perfect!
Happy anniversary! The cheesecake looks perfect!
Happy 10th anniversary. I tell you it gets sweeter every year and every step you travel together.
Keep the sweetness.. and keep the love always!
The ferrero rocher’s on top just win this for me! There are few better combinations than hazelnut and chocolate, and this cheesecake just looks phenomenal! Gorgeous recipe and photos indeed :)
Aw, this post just warmed my heart. Lovely, you really are an inspiration. This recipe is lovely.
Oh my…that looks delighting. I like it being so stylish and elegant.
Oh this looks so delicious! Adding to my list of ‘must dos!’
Yum! The cheesecake looks amazing! Happy Anniversary! It’s amazing how fast the time passes. I wish you many more happy years!
Beautiful cake to celebrate a momentous occasion. Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! September 2nd is also by birthday! Thank you for the amazing decadent dessert. I can’t wait to make it.
Happy anniversary! What a beautiful cheesecake
I hope your anniversary was amazing!
Congratulations! Your husband and you are lucky to have found each other. This is a heavenly and beautiful cheesecake to celebrate such as significant milestone.
Liren, this is phenomenal! I love the whole post, and I will be hitting my 10-year anniversary with my husband in a little over a month, so it really spoke to me. Hope I can come up with a dessert this delicious!
Nutella Yum!!! Your blog looks good, I’m a new blogger.
My wishes for many more happy years to come….
Happy Anniversary and wish you many many many more decades ! This is just the cake for celebration .. and I can’t help but drooolll
Congrats on 10 years! Love the nutella ganache – all I can say is YUM!
This looks amazing! You had me at “nutella ganache.”
Many congrats to you and your husband on your anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful post, I love what you wrote. And this recipe… Exquisite! Love it!
Congratulations!! We celebrated our 10 year on Wednesday. This cheesecake looks absolutely amazing! Great way to celebrate!
I love this! Happy anniversary and I am so glad you put my Nutella Ganache to good use!
Aww, so sweet. The Dad and I just celebrated number 7. My how the time flies.
This looks AMAZING! I’ve never had much luck with cheesecake, but this is worth giving it another shot!
Congratulations on such a wonderful celebration and to many more happy years together!
This dessert looks picture perfect.
A very big congrats to you both, Liren! My husband would love this cheesecake — maybe for our five-year this month. Congrats again!
Liren – congratulations to you and your hubby! It is funny how 10 years goes so quickly yet slow at the same time. This cheesecake is a great dessert to celebrate – delish! We have our 13 year anniversary coming up next week. Enjoy the long weekend ahead.
Happy Anniversary Liren to you and your husband and what a sweet post with an equally sweet treat. Beautiful sweet treat that is!
Happy Anniversary! And what a wonderful and decadent way to celebrate. Just Beautiful! Thank you for sharing a delicious and inspiring recipe, my friend. I hope your weekend is full of laughter! Hugs from Austin.
How decadent! What a beautiful dessert! I will be thinking about this for a while. :D
Happy anniversary! This is a stunning cheesecake and a great way to celebrate. I have bookmarked the recipe. Enjoy your special day with the one you love!