Burrata Toast with Balsamic Berries is the luscious snack you’ve been craving. Decadent burrata cheese is drizzled with savory berries for the ultimate toast. This post is brought to you by eureka!® Organic Bread.
This is the time of year when I start to haunt the U-pick websites, visions of baskets heavy with berries and cherries motivating me to find a weekend when we can make it to a local farm. All too often, I find myself late to the game, as harvest seasons seem to last far too short, or coinciding with the busiest weekends of our family calendar.
Any disappointment is short-lived, however, because there’s always the farmer’s markets. The strawberries are plentiful right now, and it’s always fun to pick between the monstrous ones that are the size of an apricot and the dainty, tiny gems that are so very sweet.
We’re heading into the best time of the year, when I crave bites that are simple but full of flavor. And with toast being quite the thing right now, I’m putting my avocado toast on the back burner while the berries are so good. If you’ve found yourself perhaps bored of toast, this Burrata Toast with Balsamic Berries will be just the antidote.
For this recipe, I was excited to work with eureka!® Organic Bread — they have such a wide variety of wholesome, organic breads! For my kids especially, they have grown to be very aware of the ingredients in their food, and I love that when they read the label, they point out to me that eureka! Organic Bread is USDA organic, and has no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservative. I like how flavorful and hearty they are – and for these savory bites, slices of their Sweet Baby Grains and Top Seed were perfect.
Slices of wholesome bread topped with silky burrata is enough to make me weak in the knees on a normal day, but when you take the season’s beautiful berries and warm them just enough in a glaze of sweet and savory balsamic sauce, the bites are just irresistible! The best part of it all is that it takes just minutes to make, which means you can make it over and over again while berry season lasts, even if the season is short.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of eureka!® Organic Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
MORE EASY SNACK RECIPES TO TRY
Burrata Toast with Balsamic Berries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup assorted berries e.g. sliced strawberries, blackberries, raspberries
- 4 slices seed bread I like eureka! Organic Sweet Baby Grains or Top Seeds Bread
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, stir together the honey, balsamic vinegar and thyme and set it over low heat. When it comes to a bubble, let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes, then drop in the berries and let it warm in the juices for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside. Discard the thyme.
- While the balsamic berries cools and thickens, toast the bread. Slice the burrata cheese into 4 pieces, about 1 oz apiece. Place the burrata on the toasted bread, season lightly with salt, and top with the balsamic berries. Enjoy immediately.