Stuffed Pear Crisp is a dessert that is both easy to make and easy to serve. Split pears in half and stuff them with crumbly goodness (butter, oats, brown sugar, pecans and more) to create these individual desserts. Don’t forget the ice cream!
This post first appeared on September 25, 2013 and featured on Wayfair.com. I hope you enjoy this favorite from my kitchen!
“Is it Saturday?” I would ask. Each morning these words would spill out of my mouth, and I anticipated my mother’s answer. A no would bring a little sadness, because I knew my mother would have to work, spending her evening hours at the hospital. It meant watching her car drive away, sobbing as it turned the corner, babysitters after school, and dinner with dad, just the two of us.
But when the answer was a yes, I was beyond ecstatic. It meant a day with mom, a precious whole day. Saturday meant that the oven would warm up in the morning, and I would spend the day in the kitchen with her, content to watch her bake breads and cakes and maybe some cookies.
I remembered this simple question, “Is it Saturday?” after my son posed the same question the other day. Same question, different reasons. And in both cases, my answer is a crumbly dessert.
Today I am sharing with you Stuffed Pear Crisp. You know how much I love anything crisp and crumbly, and this take on a fruit crisp takes advantage of the gorgeous fresh pears we have right now.
Each pear half is an individual vessel for crumbly goodness, making it not only easy to make, but easy to serve. I hope you try it this Saturday. Find the recipe below or on Wayfair.com.
How to Make Stuffed Pear Crisp
First, blend the crisp together. Combine the flour and sugar and then cut in the butter until the mixture becomes coarse crumbs.
Add in the oats, pecans, and cinnamon. Scoop the topping into each pear half and arrange in a baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the pears are tender (use a toothpick to check) and the topping is golden brown.
Serve the individual pear crisps with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of caramel too, if desired.
More Crisp Recipes to Try
Stuffed Pear Crisp
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 pears halved and seeds removed with melon baller
- caramel and ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Using a pastry cutter, fork, two knifes, or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs. This can also be completed in the bowl of a food processor. Add the oats, pecans, and cinnamon, and stir. Pinch the crumbs together so you have large chunks.
- Scoop the topping into the pears, and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the crisp topping is golden, and the pears are tender when pierced with a toothpick.
- Serve while warm with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel, if desired.